About Sarah Egan
Leading Private English Tutor
I have taught English exclusively throughout my career, comprising 14 years in a UK mainland comprehensive school and 12 years in private schools. As an experienced Private Tutor of English, I am a Member of The Tutors’ Association (TTA), the UK government-recognised professional body for tutoring in the UK.
My experience, qualifications and teaching of English is extensive and is summarised below:
- 29 years’ teaching experience of GCSE/ IGCSE Language and Literature, Speaking and Listening Assessments and KS3 English
- 23 years’ teaching experience of A-Level English Literature
- 23 years’ experience of UCAS Personal Statements
- MA in English Literature from Oxford Brookes University
- BA Honours 2:1 in English Literature from University of Wales Trinity St David
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education from Worcester University
- Examiner for GCSE English Language and A-Level English Literature
- Expertise and experience with EdExcel A-Level English Literature
- Expertise and experience with AQA A-Level English Literature
- Expertise and experience with EdExcel IGCSE English Language and IGCSE English Literature
- Expertise and experience with AQA GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature
- Expertise and experience with EDUQUAS GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature
I believe in empowering each individual student to fulfil their potential.
I achieve this through:
- Structured teaching of explicit points
- Explaining the syllabus and Assessment Objectives to the student so they understand what they need to do – you need to know your destination before you set off
- Facilitating access to the higher grades with proven strategies
- Teaching students how to manage subject-content effectively
- Providing specialist subject-specific terminology
- Providing students with guidance for written responses
- Providing effective strategies for study, including note-taking, examination technique and how to proof-read
- Equipping students with effective tools to become independent learners
- Teaching students how to revise systematically
My aim is to make excellence in English Affordable, Accessible and Achievable for the student, by making my Private English Tuition available online.
This is a new way to access my services as an English Tutor and empowers the student to tailor their learning to suit their lifestyle and needs, at their convenience. It is:
Accessible to students worldwide via the internet, on a mobile device, laptop or pc in any location, even when travelling (subject to suitable internet connection). Private English Tuition when it suits you. My Pre-Recorded Videos will liberate the student’s learning.
Affordable, as a low, monthly subscription costs far less than face to face sessions with a private tutor and provides access to hours of Pre-Recorded Videos containing world-class, specialist, English teaching and excellent value.
Achievable through my own DQE Method, structured guidance, manageable length of tutorials, the ability to stop, rewind, pause, fast forward and re-watch as the student requires.